It's a good thing they haven't invented scratch and sniff blogs yet. It's a bit of a stinky one in these parts tonight. My garbage is smelly (no amount of bleach or dettol seems to get the stench out of the bucket - definitely time to get a new one at the market on Saturday!), my permetherin incense stick is a bit stinky (but it seems to be keeping the mosquitoes at bay), but most of all, I am stinky (haven't had the motivation to shower yet since working all day and then doing some Zumba after work).
It should be raining, but it's not. It's just humid. Humid and hot, which means pretty much everything is starting to smolder. And nothing good happens when things start to smolder in this town, let me tell ya.
But allergy season is also upon me, so the stench doesn't get past the sneezing and snorkling that's going on in my nose! So, all in all, life ain't bad.
We did have an exciting evening on Monday. It was the first ever Cultural evening here - music, dance and poems, performed by people from several different language communities here. It was great! I do hope they do more of it. Because we walked, though, I didn't want to carry a purse or a camera with me... so... no photos :( But my friend took his camera, so I will try to get some of his picts, and share a few... but first, I better get my bottom out of this chair and to the shower, or no one is going to want to share anything with me...
It should be raining, but it's not. It's just humid. Humid and hot, which means pretty much everything is starting to smolder. And nothing good happens when things start to smolder in this town, let me tell ya.
But allergy season is also upon me, so the stench doesn't get past the sneezing and snorkling that's going on in my nose! So, all in all, life ain't bad.
We did have an exciting evening on Monday. It was the first ever Cultural evening here - music, dance and poems, performed by people from several different language communities here. It was great! I do hope they do more of it. Because we walked, though, I didn't want to carry a purse or a camera with me... so... no photos :( But my friend took his camera, so I will try to get some of his picts, and share a few... but first, I better get my bottom out of this chair and to the shower, or no one is going to want to share anything with me...
No comments:
Post a Comment