Wednesday, September 19, 2012

A New Office?

Since the austerity measures dictate that the generator goes off at 4pm, I have borrowed a long-life battery from the office :)  So, now I have a few more hours of power in my battery so I can keep on working... but the other issue is that itꞌs smoking hot in my office!  So, I have found a new one.  Iꞌm enjoying the open air!  Itꞌs not all that much cooler, and Iꞌm still sweating as I sit here... so much exertion to move my fingers over the keyboard... but at least there is a breeze once in a while.

The downside, there are also a lot of people wandering by!  Iꞌve been interrupted by 8 people already in the last few minutes!  Pleasant interruptions of people just wanting to say hello... but, interruptions all the same.  So, not quite sure if this is the ideal office spot yet, or not.

On that note, with all the interruptions, no actual work is getting done, so I might as well go and start on my supper.  On the menu tonight - guacamole with an avocado, gifted from a friend from Uganda, and homemade flour tortillas (because, well, are there really any other kinds of tortillas found in this neck of the woods?!).

No comments: