Apparently, I have forgotten to blog this week! I hope I haven't forgotten any other really important things this week!
On Saturday, I leave for the village. We're talking the village. I heard on BBC the other day that there is not a village in Africa where you can't buy a Coke. Well, folks, I might just be going to that single village in Africa that will prove BBC wrong. I asked my travelling buddies today if there was a little shop or anything where we could buy Coke in this village. They said that if we want to drink Coke while we're there, we have to bring our own! Yowzers!
So today we had a trial run with the tent that we scrummaged from a container. We left it up in the compound tonight, so we'll see if it's still standing tomorrow. If it is, great, then we shall go with it and have something to sleep in. Otherwise... not sure where we might end up!
We also bought big bags of flour, beans, rice and sugar. Janet and I bought a big bucket of potatoes, as well, because, well, I will just be happier if I can eat potatoes, rather than JUST stodgy flour porridge (like 'ugali' or 'posho' or 'fou-fou'). So, potatoes we have. Janet is going to get some tin foil, so if we just need to wrap our taters in tin-foil and through them over a fire, with a little bit of salt, I think I will be happy! Sure would taste better with a Coke, I'm sure, though!
Anyway, obviously, since there isn't any Coke in the village, there will not be any electricity, and certainly no internet. Not even any phone network. So... I'll catch you on the flip side, when I get back to Jb with a nice cold Coke in my hand, which I think I will have earned after a week in the village!
Oh, right, you can pray for us, too - we're going to do a teacher training workshop for the local teachers in the area. Should be fun!
On Saturday, I leave for the village. We're talking the village. I heard on BBC the other day that there is not a village in Africa where you can't buy a Coke. Well, folks, I might just be going to that single village in Africa that will prove BBC wrong. I asked my travelling buddies today if there was a little shop or anything where we could buy Coke in this village. They said that if we want to drink Coke while we're there, we have to bring our own! Yowzers!
So today we had a trial run with the tent that we scrummaged from a container. We left it up in the compound tonight, so we'll see if it's still standing tomorrow. If it is, great, then we shall go with it and have something to sleep in. Otherwise... not sure where we might end up!
We also bought big bags of flour, beans, rice and sugar. Janet and I bought a big bucket of potatoes, as well, because, well, I will just be happier if I can eat potatoes, rather than JUST stodgy flour porridge (like 'ugali' or 'posho' or 'fou-fou'). So, potatoes we have. Janet is going to get some tin foil, so if we just need to wrap our taters in tin-foil and through them over a fire, with a little bit of salt, I think I will be happy! Sure would taste better with a Coke, I'm sure, though!
Anyway, obviously, since there isn't any Coke in the village, there will not be any electricity, and certainly no internet. Not even any phone network. So... I'll catch you on the flip side, when I get back to Jb with a nice cold Coke in my hand, which I think I will have earned after a week in the village!
Oh, right, you can pray for us, too - we're going to do a teacher training workshop for the local teachers in the area. Should be fun!
1 comment:
lol, its a good thing i hate coke (and all other forms of pop) and water is what I like... though there probably are places where coke is the only safe thing to drink... :P
Post a Comment