Tuesday, January 11, 2011

In Nairobi

I had a fantastic time in Entebbe with my buddies, being "auntie" to Thing 1 and Thing 2.  I was reminded of how much I like to cook for people who appreciate good food!  I was busy in the kitchen every day, making yummy stuff like teriyaki pork chops and avocado juice and baking chocolate cake!  It's so nice to have nice ingredients to cook with that didn't cost an arm and a leg, and even nicer to have a pack of people to eat it all up!  Thing 1, Thing 2 and Mama Thing were very appreciative of whatever I cooked for them!  It reminded me of my call to culinate.  Anyway, I'm not much good at bathing dogs or any other household chores, so at least I could contribute by cooking and washing dishes!

I had to leave bright and early this morning, though, to fly to Nairobi, where I am currently awaiting the arrival of my parents!  Then we're off to the coast!  We're doing a whole coastal tour, punctuated by helping my dear friend get married in the middle of it all :)  I can't wait!  Hopefully all the arrangements we made will go smoothly, and nothing too serious will go wrong!  And hopefully in a few days, I'll be able to post some pictures of paradise :)

No comments: