Yeah, it really is just like I never even left - less than an hour after I got back here, I had dirt under my fingernails. And it's still all there! I just can't for the life of me get them all clean, no matter how many nailbrushes I scrub with multiple times a day. I've been slightly annoyed with all the dirt this week, but I know that will pass and I'll get used to it in a few more days. It's just part of life here.
I had quite an interesting day today, actually. As I was in the computer container trying to figure out what was going on with the internet, I started receiving some emails. One of them was a rather interesting email from a rather unexpected person, basically professing his love for me. I'm not quite sure how to respond to this one, as, well, it is from an unexpected source. I don't want to say too much more lest I embarrass this person (though I'm positive he doesn't read my blog... but you never know!). It's quite puzzling to me to try to figure out why men here find me so darn attractive.
Then, while I was reading that email and trying to figure out if this person was serious or what, a very high-up government official stopped by to chat with us! So we sat and chatted with him about the future of the education system in this country and how me and Jackie are going to help them.
By then, it was time for some lunch - a lovely meal based around different shades of the color orange (pumpkin, tomatoe sauce, pasta, papaya and mango). Another few hours of work then it was time to turn off the generator again. By then, it was hot and I was suffering a bit - I'm still not quite used to being back. So I came down to the house and spent some time studying my Arabic in prep for our lesson today! But, something came up, and my Arabic teacher wasn't able to come.
So I had some extra time to do a bit more unpacking and sorting of the stuff I brought with me! I also gave my two pairs of flip flops that I had left on my closet shelf a good bath - they were so dirty that I didn't even want to put my dirty toes in them! It never ceases to amaze me just how much dust there can be!
Anyways, that's just another typical day here. I should go and give my fingernails yet another scrub before running down to the generator shed to turn it off... maybe something even more exciting will happen tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment